Sunday, September 25, 2011

Five Knitting Projects Isn't Too Many

Having finished all of the projects for classes I'm teaching this fall, I can now get back to some of the projects I have in progress or in my head.  My main project is the Clematis Shopping Bag by Noni.  I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I saw it and HAD to make it.  I'm using Cascade 220 for the main part of the bag, scrap yarn for the clematis vine, and Frog Tree Yarn for the clematis flowers.  Here is Noni's photo of the bag, and I'll post mine when finished, which should be soon.  Mine will look similar since I loved the colors used for the pattern.  The difference is that I bought a print fabric to make the lining. 

I've finished the main bag and felted it.  Still working on the accessories (flowers).






In August, we went to Alaska so that I could run a marathon - my 50th state!  Marathon evening, my new friend, Debbie Cropper, invited us to her home for dinner.  She is a great runner, a nice person, and a terrific cook.  While at her home she showed us numerous things that people have given her, which gave me the idea to make her a hat with flaps - perfect for Alaska weather.  I'm going to start that tonight, using a couple balls of Cascade Jazz that I had leftover when I made myself a sweater.  Since she had mentioned that her favorite colors are green and purple, she will love this, and it's a joy to knit for someone who is so obviously appreciative of gifts given to her.

I'll probably use the flap hat pattern from Knitty.com.  It's funny that this pattern shows someone on the beach in Florida and I'm making it for winter in Alaska.

beauty shot



















My daughter-in-law has been planning her family holiday card and wants me to make a vest for Liam to wear.  I bought the yarn and will start this soon.  I'm using a nice cable pattern I found in my LYS.

And in the summer I nearly finished the Hexagon Petal Tee from the Spring issue of Interweave knits.  It's a fun project knitted in modules (hexagons).  It's different from anything I've ever knitted before.  I did finish all of the hexagons, but still need to do quite a bit of edging.  Not sure I'll get to it before Spring, now that it's autumn in Pennsylvania.

And many years ago, I started a lace scarf.  It was my first lace project and a huge struggle for me.  I knit half of it, but left it to hibernate.  I will get back to it someday.

And, BTW, here is my blue jean cowl, finished, and modeled by Kathy, who has been in two of my knitting classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment